In Stamping Mode

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Never give Crystal Effects mouth to mouth...

....ever again! I have this weird obsession with my Crystal Effects, aside from the fact that I love it. Do you ever find that the tip, or barrel, of the thing likes to get clogged? I hate that! I'm just about obsessive compulsive when I'm about to put it away after use. Seriously...I have to knock it on the desk 3 times (so the excess can begin it's journey down), squeeze it 3 times to blow out any stragglers sticking to the top, and then blow on it 3 times to push any resistant crystal effects back down home to its glossy haven. I then squeeze it a few more times then slowly place it next to my ear (while still squeezing) so that I can hear that it's airway is clear. LOL I then quickly place the lid on top...because, in my head, I think this creates a vacuum, and rush it to it's very upright home on the counter. Well I don't know what I did tonight, but my bottle of Crystal Effects must have thought my breath was kickin' serious flavor because it spat at me while I was on my mouth to mouth routine!! It tasted BAAAAD. My tongue feels numb actually. Maybe that's just the saliva glued to my tongue...

Ok, enough with the jibber jabber. Here's the card that I used my beloved Crystal Effects on.


I got home tonight and just had the urge to watercolor. It's like therapy...not that I need that! I do enjoy watercoloring though. :) And hey! The wide Aquapainter is on special this month!
At any rate, there's a lot going on with this card. It really sparkles in person! It's a shame I can't capture the little Swarovski crystals sparkling in the picture. Maybe this picture is a little better close up?


I like my craft pads juicy, and the Vanilla is anything but. I found a use for it!! I pulled it out and rubbed it all over my Artichoke cs. I LOVE the way this looked! I was just thrilled to pieces...I know, it's the little things... Anywho, I also adhered the Riding Hood Red tafetta ribbon atop the Chocolate felt ribbon from the Alpine ribbon originals. The image was watercolored with markers and the Aquapainter. I wanted my snow really white, so I got out my White gel pen and colored in my snow. I then had to have some sparkle with a teensy bit of dazzling diamonds sporadically placed. The "Season's Greetings" sentiment is a rub-on from the level 3 hostess Holiday Happenings Bundle. Finally, I used the distressing tool from my Cutter Kit to fray the edges of the artichoke cs. Here are a list of the goods:

All products Stampin' Up! (except the crystals!)

Stamps: Home for Christmas
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Basic Black, So Saffron, Summer Sun, Riding Hood Red, Bravo Burgundy, Sahara Sand, Vanilla craft, Silver Zig painter (this got discontinued?!?!?!)
Paper: Kraft cs, Always Artichoke cs, Watercolor paper, Riding Hood Red cs
Accessories: Alpine ribbon (chocolate felt), Riding Hood Red tafetta, Dazzling Diamonds, Crystal Effects, White gel pen, Holiday Happening bundle rub-ons, Craft tool kit, Cutter kit, Aquapainter

So....how do you keep your Crystal Effects from leaving a goppy clog? Please share! I'd love to hear. :)

PS. per Monica's request...THE body roll LOL!!!

4 comments:

Soozie4Him said...

I can't believe no one has posted on this yet!! This is a GORGEOUS card that I can't wait to CASE! And I have NO idea what to do to keep the Crystal Effects from causing problems! I have my original bottle and I just got another one, thinking that starting fresh has to be a good idea, right??

Just found your blog and I love it!

Susan, aka Soozie4Him on SCS

Angela said...

This is a gorgeous card! I especially love the bling on the wreath.

I store my CE upside down. It goops up from time to time, but nothing like when I stored it the right way.

Anonymous said...

Home for Christmas - I am speachless. This card is Breathtaking. What an artist you are.

I will be CASING this card!

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

I found a tip that said to insert a pin in and leave the original cap off. I had some sewing pins with multicolored plactic ball-like pinhead covers. I like the way this works. 99% of the time it stays unclogged.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...