In Stamping Mode

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Getting back to my roots

Ok, but not completely...because I'm not Japanese. My mom is half Thai and half Chinese so Southeast Asian all the same! I just call myself "a by-product of the Vietnam War." Just delayed by a few years. :) Either way, I saw this new set by Hero Arts called Four Dolls and I just had to have it! The little girls are just soo adorable! I love everything about this set. There are even more Asian accessories that you can purchase to coordinate with it! *drool*

I spent a lot of loving care putting this card together. This close-up, hopefully, shows the shimmer in the flowers on her kimono as well as a bit of shimmer on the fans. Click the photo to get a better view!

My layout follows the latest Mojo Monday Challenge...LOVE THOSE! The sketch looks as follows...
And here's the full card.

Cute, yes? :)

17 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Cute image, great colors and fun ornament on the side.

Rose said...

That is just super adorable! Love the colors too - so happy and spring-y!

Donna Baker said...

what a fun card! I always wondered what nationality you are & now I know! lol - tfs

Liz Goldhawk said...

Beautiful card... I love the way you coloured her... that ornament and the fans are beautiful!

Melissa said...

This is so sweet!! Is it available to buy already?? We're adopting from China and I think these would be adorable to use!

Melissa Sauls said...

Hi Melissa! :) I can't find your email so I'm just replying to you here. Yes! These are available in stores...I found mine at my local Archiver's and I think you can order it directly from the Hero Arts website. Congratulations on your adoption! :)

Anonymous said...

Super Cute!!!

Anonymous said...

VERY cute creation! tfs!

Char in So Cal

Lynn Put said...

Your card is so pretty! The colors and all of the details are great and this image is darling!

Justine said...

Wow Melissa, I love these colours together!! So pretty and that stamp is adorable!!

Marilyn said...

This is an amazing card -love all the details of the card and the colors!

Melissa said...

Thanks for the reply!! I'll be looking for it then! Still love the card!

Anonymous said...

very cute, yes!

Linda Beeson said...

I didn't see this when I visited before and I just had to comment on how amazing it is! LOVE that little girl but your coloring and the choices you made are gorgeous and it goes so well with that embossing plate.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just adorable. I totally need this set. Love the little hanging lantern - so cute! Thanks for playing! :)

Unknown said...

super cute!!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Today I posted an entry on my blog with a link to this card.

Would you let me know if that's OK?

Thanks,

Nancy Ward
http://paperfriendly.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...