In Stamping Mode

Monday, November 24, 2008

Taylor's Cupcake Challenge #43

Wow. I really feel like I've been MIA. I meant to have a post up last night (I do all my stamping/work at night when the kids go to bed) but this weekend just didn't start on the right foot at all. :( It started Friday morning when I went to get my 14 month old, Catie, out of her crib. Walked into her room and it WREAKED of vomit. OMG...she had thrown up all over her crib some time in the middle of the night...and slept in it!! UGH! My poor baby! She didn't even cry. I swear, that puke had covered every square inch of the crib and it was all dried up all over her sleeper and in her hair. I was literally fighting back spewing chunks myself...more on that later! Then, we got bad news early Saturday morning. My husband's sister passed away. I'll be MIA again. Now here's the icing on the cake. Guess who got to spend all of Saturday night into the early Sunday morning hours having it come out both ends? Yeah...that was me. I think I took 3 Phenergen in a span of 6 hours because I just kept vomiting it back up. Don't you hate it when that happens?! Needless to say, it took all of Sunday for me to recover. But we're over that...I don't want to think any more bad thoughts for a while...how about something pretty?

Taylor's Cupcake Challenge! Here's her sketch

And here's what I made


I got my inspiration for my card from Mary Jo Albright...an amazing stamper and 2-time Artisan Award winner at Stampin' Up! Ever since I saw that card, I HAD to have the stamp set and try it out myself. Stamping truly is therapy...I feel better already!

Stamps: Bella Rose, Bella Toille
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink marker (to color the pearls), Regal Rose, Riding Hood Red
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Pearls from Pretties kit, Pink Taffeta ribbon, Scallop circle (from Birds and Blooms die), red glitter from Cosmo glitter pack, Fiskar's corner rounder/embosser

Thanks for stopping in!

9 comments:

katiesniche said...

Your card is beautiful! You'd never guess you had such a hard weekend with that creation.

Looks like whatever your daughter had was passed on to you. Bless her heart for letting you sleep that night. I hope you are both feeling better today.

So sorry to hear about your sister in law.

Libby Hickson said...

Oh Melissa, how all-around awful! I'm so sorry about your SIL, and yuck about all the sickness! I think when mommy has to clean up a mess like that, mommy is doomed to get it!! Glad it sounds like everyone is feeling better now.

And WOW - your card is GORGEOUS!!! Absolutely stunning.

kat said...

Your card is beautiful. It is so soft looking. Glad your feeling better.

Liz Goldhawk said...

sorry to hear you were under the weather... the card is beautiful though! I love the shading on the edges of the petals...

thescrapmaster said...

OMG I would have thrown up too! We have 5 dogs who eat ANYTHING they can find in the backyard. . . and then puke it up in the house! Ahhh.

I am so sorry to hear about your sister in law. That is awful.

I hope you are feeling better now too. My goodness what a tough weekend. I feel for ya!

~Samantha

thescrapmaster said...

Oh yeah, GORGEOUS CARD! I love the shading. How did you do that?!!?

~Samantha

Donna Baker said...

so sorry there was sickness in your house! hope you're better now - {{hugs}} about your SIL!! your card is gorgeous, I also fell in love with it on MJ's blog...but I showed restraint - can you just send me yours so I can oogle over it?

Andrea said...

Wow! Such a beautiful card!!

Hope you and your daughter are feeling better. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Have a blessed & healthy Thanksgiving!

Lynn Put said...

OMgosh, you had an awful weekend! I'm so sorry to hear about your SIL how sad. I'm glad to hear that your feeling better after being so sick!
Your card for Taylor's challenge is so beautiful, you did an amazing job on it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...